August – Youth Safety
SHSAtv Presents: ‘Youth Safety’Do you have young workers in your workplace? Are you concerned about the safety of young workers and how you might be able to help them to prevent injuries within your organization?
If so, watch our recorded session of our Youth Safety Episode NOW! On Wednesday August 31st, we were on location at the Travelodge Hotel in Saskatoon. Our special guest for this episode was: Carolyn Curle: Regional Human Resources Business Partner, Airline Hotels
Young Workers are classified as workers between the ages of 15-25-year-old and make up a large percentage of today’s workplace. This is especially true in the service & hospitality industry!
Proper training and supervision are vital to ensuring these workers fully understand the risks associated with the hazards in their workplace.
This exciting and information packed webinar:
- Defined who is considered to be a young worker
- Provided injury statistics
- Examined why young workers are at higher risk of injury
- Gave an overview of the SHSA’s Youth Safety Education Day (YSED)
- Conducted several informative interviews
- Highlighted two award winning videos created by youth and much more!
|For more information on Youth Safety Education Day CLICK HERE!|